Meet our Campus Director at both Canadian Tourism College and Sterling College. Davie Harvie is an experienced education professional with a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) focused in Secondary Education. She has over 15 years of experience working in the field of education. She enjoys seeing students succeed and graduate successfully!
We receive many questions from social media followers and students about our programs, and especially when our campus will reopen!
We asked Davie some of these questions, and she shared her responses so you could learn more about her and Canadian Tourism College.
What do you do as the Campus Director?
I am the manager responsible for daily operations at the Vancouver Campus.
What is the expected reopening date of on-campus classes?
September 2021 (pending approval by the BC government)
What steps has the college taken to prepare for the new academic year?
Our main priority is to ensure that all students and staff are safe and that we follow all public health guidelines laid out by the provincial government in our efforts to have students return in the Fall.
How does CTC support the health and safety of its students?
We follow our COVID Safety Plan. (wearing masks, daily sanitization, temperature checks, entry screening.)
What makes Canadian Tourism College so unique?
- We are the oldest private tourism college in Canada offering high quality hospitality and tourism education since 1980!
- All of our instructors are industry experts.
- Students are placed directly into the industry after they finish the in class component of their study! (practicums/co-op work experience).
- We are conveniently located in downtown Vancouver.
- You are able to complete your diploma with co-op to be eligible to transfer from CTC into the third year of your Bachelor’s Degree at either Vancouver Community College, Royal Roads University or Capilano University.
Do you have any advice for those who are considering studying at CTC?
If you are passionate about Tourism and Hospitality we are the place that you need to be so you can turn your passion into your career!
Is there anything else you would like to add?
We look forward to welcoming all students back on Campus! 😊